Federal Pacific panels were once very popular electrical panels that were commonly installed in homes throughout Nebraska from the 1950s through the 1980s. Essentially they were panels designed for home electrical loads that were common during that era. Recently the panels have been found to overheat easily and even cause electrical fires. If your home still uses a Federal Pacific panel, it’s highly recommended that you replace it with an updated and safer electrical panel. Wolfe Electric is your electrician in Omaha and Lincoln that can help you replace your electrical panel, safely, and affordably.

Is My Electrical Panel Safe?

 To find out if your home has a Federal Pacific panel, first, check the outside of the panel. There should be a label indicating which company made it. If your panel has the FPE label, it is important to get it safely replaced by a licensed and experienced Omaha electrician as soon as possible.

Signs You Need to Replace Your Electrical Panel

Your home electrical panel is out of date or in danger of overload if you notice melted or warped switches on the panel itself. Another sign is shocking from outlets when plugs are added or removed. If you’re noticing flickering lights or burnt-out bulbs, this may also be a sign that your surge protector is not working properly. In the long run, having up-to-date electrical panels save you money and ensure the safety of your home. Updated wiring can help reduce electrical costs, and new panels reduce the amount of energy waste.

Electric Company in Omaha, NE

If you’re looking to have your Federal Pacific panel replaced, or have any other questions about the electrical security of your home, contact Wolfe Electric to connect with one of our qualified electricians, and set up a home inspection. Don’t short out your wallet with costly damages. Call us today. Omaha 402-731-1220 and Lincoln 402-464-4333.